Christine - 2020 Midterm Public Summary


What I have Accomplished:


    I first began my work term with researching, collecting information, and writing up HR policies for FACTSnet. Establishing a FACTSnet Employee Handbook was one of my major assignments, and I have spent most of my work time on this task with my Business Team Members. During the process of organizing the Employee Handbook, I have done continuous research and collecting information on how FACTSnet operates. In addition, we also held multiple meetings with both the Business and Administrative Team for discussion. At this point, me and the business team have completed our part in the FACTSnet handbook with a few areas that will need to be updated or edited by the Administrative team. At completion of the Employee Handbook (Employee Handbook - Final Draft), me and one other Business Team Member performed a short presentation to introduce and give an overview of what the Handbook contains. 


    My other main project, aside from the Employee Handbook, was to collect helpful information for Small Business Start-Ups in the Consulting Industry. This task was also assigned to the Business Team as a whole. In this project, I was in charge of finding information on Business Essentials such as a guide to starting a business, types of business ownership, licensing, and additional tips for business owners (Small Business Essentials & Tips). 


    Aside from the main projects assigned to the Business Team, I have also worked on Non-Profit Organization, Minorities, and St. Albert Church Reviews. The St. Albert Church reviews assignment was given to me and one other Business Team member, and the links of our reviews is provided in this document: St.Albert Church Finders' Guide. The link to the reviews on NPO and Minorities is provided here: Edmonton Multicultural Coalition, ECVO, ACWS. In addition to the projects, I have also completed the DISC training and various CIN Assignments such as the Career Plan, QuickBooks, DISC relationship series, and etc... Last of all, I recently attended the Covid-19 mental health virtual conference and assisted the Admin team in organizing various web reviews.


What I have yet to Accomplish: 


    For the remaining half of my work term, I will begin to work on creating an Employee Handbook that is more applicable to other organizations as a whole. This handbook will act as a helpful guide and reference for other new NPO or general organizations that are looking to set up their own workplace policies. In addition, me and the business team will begin to compile all of our individual parts of Small Business Research into one document. 


    Aside from the projects mentioned, I will also start another project, U of A Business Reviews, which involves looking into various business clubs. Last of all, I will finish up other small tasks such as adding wayback machine links to my reviews, finish the remaining CIN assignments, and continuously attend weekly meetings.


No comments:

Post a Comment