Jacky - 2020 Final Public Summary


Jacky Lau’s Public Summary

Completed on August 31, 2020


Jacky is currently an Accounting Student. This will be his first time working with the FACTSnet team, and he is a new member of the 2020 University of Alberta Business Team. He will mainly work on the summer payroll for all FACTSnet employees, assist with reporting checks, administrative duties, web reviews, and creating business policies. Jacky’s aspirations are to one day become a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and work in various industries such as Oil & Gas, public accounting, and government positions.


Throughout this summer, I worked as a part of the FACTSnet Business Team and Lead Payroll Accountant. As this was my first time with the organization, it took a while to get accustomed to the virtual work aspect of FACTSnet. As the individual in charge of payroll, I made sure every new employee filled out their TD1 and TD1AB forms correctly and set up their secure profile for payroll. Every month’s end, I would check every employee's reporting sheet and record total hours to be paid for each employee. Utilized payroll calculator to calculate monthly payroll for each employee and saved their PDOCS in personal secure folders. 


My focus within the Business Team was researching and creating the Accounting & Budgeting policies for the Business Protocols Document (Topic: Consulting Businesses) and Financial Management procedures. I was also responsible for researching and compiling information for St. Albert Churches and St.Albert- Edmonton area Accounting web reviews.


FACTSnet provided a number of assignments via Google Classroom that allowed me to better understand my personality, interests, and future career goals. The opportunity to utilize my communication and organizational skills will surely help me in my future career.









No comments:

Post a Comment