Shuo - 2020 Midterm Public Summary

 What I have Completed:

This summer I have been working in an accounting role with Collaborative Information Networks as well as working with the business team. In the accounting role, my responsibilities include payroll as well as preparation of Records of Employment in the future. In regards to the business team, I work with the team on a variety of projects, primarily research related. My work has mostly focused on researching and presenting Payroll and Taxation protocols and laws in regards to small for-profit and non-for profit businesses. I also research and present information related to International students at the University of Alberta and how the COVID-19 epidemic has impacted them. This is presented in my “International Student Services and the COVID-19 Pandemic” document, which hosts a variety of information for international students who may be arriving in Canada during the pandemic, or continuing their studies at the University of Alberta during the pandemic, and is included in the Visible Minorities and Newcomers to Canada module of the business group. The Document focuses on providing support and information about policies for travel and how online delivery will work for the fall semester. I also assisted with editing the employee handbook and the consolidated business protocols document.


In my time here, I have also attended weekly meetings with leadership, the business group, and the general organization. Completed various assignments and coursework related to career and personal development as well as COVID-19 related coursework. Had the opportunity to attend various webinars based around COVID-19 and personal finance and money management after graduation. In terms of more minor projects, I also completed a great deal of Web reviews for various business clubs at the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary. Placing them in a master document as well as in a university clubs inventory. 


What I still need to work on:


I still have a few things to complete in the COVID-19 course in order to get certification. Payroll and ROE preparation is also an ongoing task that must be completed periodically as conditions change. I shall continue attending various meetings in the future and am certain to be assigned new tasks in time. Furthermore, the Visible Minorities and Newcomers to Canada module is still a work in progress, and I have yet to Completely finish my work on the “International Student Services and the COVID-19 Pandemic” Document. 


No comments:

Post a Comment